We rescued our dog, Peter Parker (we call him Parker) three years ago when he was only 12 weeks old. He was super shy and took a while to warm up to us - but once he did he hasn't stopped acting crazy! He is what I like to call a Doberdork (half Doberman, half Labrador - we think). He has a LOT of energy, and needs to go on regular walks in addition to running like mad around the yard several times a day.
Even trying to get a good picture of him was difficult - he wouldn't sit still! Look at how much energy this canine has. All of these pictures were taken within 4 minutes.
Did you know 6 million pets are hit by cars each year? Here are some tips on how you can safely walk your dog at night:
- Walk in areas that are lit by streetlights. Do not walk on dark, back country roads.
- Stay on sidewalks.
- Carry a whistle to scare away any nighttime creatures that may live in your area such as raccoons, coyotes, possums, etc.
- Always use a leash. Even if your dog is properly trained, this ensures your best friend will stay nice and close.
- Wear light colored clothing.
Thankfully, there is a solution to this problem. This lime green collar Parker is wearing isn't any ordinary collar, it is the Ultimate LED collar from Shine for Dogs.
Here is the 4-1-1 on this awesome collar:
• Rechargeable via USB - cable included. Never buy batteries again!
• Ultra Bright high output LED and 2 x fiber optic strips making the collar comfortable for your pet to wear.
• Enjoy Endless hours of walk time - up to 10 hours of light per charge, simply recharge for just 30 min
• Durable + weather resistant - our products use fiber optics, not wire LED (that breaks when bent), insulated system withstands weather and is splash proof.
• Three modes of light: continuous on, rapid flashing, and steady flashing.
• Help shelter dogs in need - profits from sales are donated to dogs in shelters and rescues.
I also like putting the Ultimate LED collar on Parker when I let him out at night before bed. Our yard is decent sized and sometimes he won't come in right away. When he is all lit up, I can see what corner of the yard he is dawdling in.
How do you stay safe on nightly strolls with your pooch?
I received a free Ultimate LED collar from Shine for Dogs in exchange for writing this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.